Sunday 16 September 2012

September

September 1st - Portishead:

Just a day on my own trying to get a better snapshot mainly when I'm snapping out left. For some reason although I've always been fine shooting left, my whole technique for snapping that side sucks! Just as well really that I used a whole box just shooting at some targets! It was a lot of paint and I tried a whole load of different things out trying to make it feel right but in the end I didn't feel miles better for it.

Sunday 2nd - Bricketwood, London Tigers:

I spoke to Twizz during the week and he was happy for me to come down and join in with the tigers program, as it was their first real training session since Campaign they just wanted to have a bit of a fun day playing points and doing some off the break shooting / running and gunning drills - with the twist that we weren't using a back centre and just standing in the open (on the MAO 2012 layout) it made it a lot more fun as everyone was getting shot whatever they were doing.

In the points I felt like I was holding my own but I just wasn't quite aggressive enough. To be fair they were very good at containing me on the teabag side and there was almost always a lane stopping me from getting out wide. This is something I still am not comfortable putting in place myself. I get bored of sitting behind the lane pretty quickly but I know that if I want to take this up to the next level I have to be doing it.

Thursday 6th - Cribbs

Just a couple of us went up, we played on the cube field as opposed to the air ball as it wasnt worth blowing it up and taking it down again. We did a lot of snapshooting drills and first shot stuff and didn't really play any points.

Sunday 9th - NTT Academy 491387234523

We went all out and got a couple boxes each which today which was good. I prefer it when I don't have to worry too much about paint consumption. We did some half field 3v3's and some full field 4v4's broken up by some snapshooting / running &gunning drills to keep our skills sharp. We also got some off the break shooting going but with just a single target at the other end of the field who also happened to be doing the same back to you. Not only did this work on first shot but it started to help us sink in the fact that if we're getting shot at, there's always going to be a chance we get shot and instead of panicking and trying to dodge, we should just concentrate on getting that kill without being a pansy about it.

After this weekend I was feeling good. People were developing and getting more enthusiastic about the team and hopes are high for our debut at CPPS on the 23rd.

Thursday 13th - Cribbs

Another day on the cubes, a bit of snapping and a few mini games just to make sure I don't rust over too much as I don't intend to play again until the 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment