Thursday 17 July 2014

Post Campaign, Pre CPS Paris training July 13th

So I headed up to Cribbs nice and early this Sunday to train with the Entity guys plus a couple randoms. We did some more fitness in the morning to warm up, going back to basics with some snapshooting against a target, moving up to snapshooting against eachother (I was undefeated, by the way) before 20 second dominance / moving drills (1v1 both players starting in Teabag 1, goal is to get to Teabag 2 within 20 seconds) and then playing some situation 2v3's and mini games.

I did great where the skills were concerned, beating everyone who was there at least once, whilst remaining undefeated. However in the situationals and mini games I was making a bunch of stupid mental mistakes. The same stuff that made me inconsistent at Campaign and in Belgium. I feel like I'm going through a bit of a slump with these errors causing me to waste myself stupidly. I'm hoping persistence will push me out the other side of it.

""If you're going through hell, keep going"
- Winston Churchill"    
- Luke Williams   

We talked about next year and the team's roster. We are trying to sort out exactly who can commit to playing both European events and UK events, and who can only do one or the other. So far all in for both we know that we have 4 guys. I really want to see 6, but definitely at least 5 100% all in players who will commit to all training, all European and all CPPS events next year. If we can that will help push us towards either playing in the Mills or sticking with the CPS in 2015. 

I shot a box and a half so 3,000 balls this weekend. Once I have the campaign paint worked out the total will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment