Monday 3 March 2014

Pre-event Training 02/03/2014

Yesterday most of the team got together for 1 last training session before we head to Rome early Thursday morning. Other than the 1 hour we have against Helsinki Cyclone on-site on Thursday between 1pm-2pm this was the last chance we had to train before our first tournament of the year for the team.

The Firm obviously had a good time training with us last weekend as they decided to come back, and in greater numbers. With them at the field we mainly scrimmed again all day and the points were to and fro which is a good sign. Although both teams had a few different players mixing in compared to last week. Our communication sounded twice as good as it was last year and we're starting to come together ready for our first event.

I'm still coming out the tail end of some man flu so my head wasn't completely in it most of the day, but I was still getting some G's so it wasn't all bad. I made a few mental errors, the main one I found was trying to bump out to my secondary on the teabag side after only checking off one of the guys who can stop me, forgetting that my mirror / someone else could still shoot me on the bump across. I'm glad I made those mistakes and realized as it will now be on the forefront of my mind when in Rome.

I've found it hard to get excited for the event as my mind has been all over the place thinking about what needs to be done before we leave etc etc. But now it's all coming together and we know what we're doing, I'm getting pretty pumped up to play my first event abroad.. ever!

I will make sure the Reading Entity page is updated as we go along with the scores and if possible I'll post a write up after every day - assuming I can get online!

Yesterday I used 2 cases of paint, making the running total 24,000

No comments:

Post a Comment